Tuesday, February 12, 2008

spunky new chair cover





On saturday i made a trip to our local op shop and found two fantastic chairs that i just had to have!! They were so comfortable, but a little on the grotty side. And so started my first big sewing project.


A quick trip to the craft shop i had picked out some fabric and bits and bobs. I decided to use velcro to secure the cover for a tight fit. I chose a light coloured fabric as i would be able to bleach it if it got too dirty... and having three little boys i thought that it could be a ver
y strong possibility!!

I then started drafting a pattern using some left over muslin and pinning it to the chair, then cutting my pieces out.

i then pinned all my pieces together to make sure they all fitte
d correctly.

From there i cut out the pattern on my good material.

Then put the piece back onto my chair to pin them together ready for sewing. Doing this made it so i knew i had a good tight fit.

At the moment i am sewing up all my seems, re-attaching at every step to make sure my
are all correctly placed.


also make sure your two year old is no where near the machine while your out of the room!!

Hopefully my next post will be the finishing product!!

yippea!!

No comments: